Saturday, November 1, 2014

Heads. The blogger with his former students at
Chalermkwansatree School, Phitsanulok
Thailand has been intensifying its English Literacy campaign to fully equip Thai people with the needed English Language skills for ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) next year, and with the current on-going problem of teacher shortage in the country, Thailand welcomes teachers who can fill in the need of Foreign Language Teachers.

However, before you hastily pack your bags and fly your way down here, check out the following to see whether you have all of these which are in the list for you to be a certified teacher in this kingdom.  


1. Must not be less than 20 years of age.

2. Holds a Bachelor's degree which benefits education, and it must be certified by either the Teachers' Council of Thailand (TCT) or the Teacher Civil Service and Educational Personnel Commission (TEPC) or the Civil Service Commission (CSC) or shown in the list at The World of ALMANAC (the applicant may check your degree certification at by selecting "professional license section, foreign teachers' qualification check" or at the website of TEPC or CSC). 

3. Having specific skills, abilities and knowledge needed for foreign teachers in the teaching and learning of foreign language curriculum.

4. TOEIC certified score report (except those who come from a native-Englsih speaking countries: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Ireland, The United States of America, Commonwealth of Australia, New Zealand and Canada) or passing score on the other Foreign Language Proficiency Test.

Required Documents:

1. A cover from the educational institution requesting for teaching permit to foreign teacher without the (teaching) license.

2. Fill in the Teaching Permit without the License Form (Kor. Sor. 10) completely. Have it signed and stamped by the school principal. The teacher must answer the 3 questions in the form and sign his/her name Form Kor. Sor 10 can be downloaded from by selecting "Form Download" in the menu.

3. Two 1 x 1 photos, wearing formal clothing. Note: Do not wear hat or sunglasses.

4. Copy of educational background or degree certificates along with official TraNscript of Records (TOR). If the documents are in a foreign language besides English, it must be translated into Thai. Translation must be certified by a competent translator and notarized by notary organizations.

5. Copy of certified score report of English Language Proficiency Test. All non-native Englsih speaking applicants are required to take an English Proficiency Test, such as TOEIC, TOEFL, or IELTS and is still within its validity period as indicated in the Statement of Results (the results are valid for 2 years). Except those who come from a native-English speaking countries: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Ireland, The United States of America, Commonwealth of Australia, New Zealand and Canada.

6. Employment contract or employment certification (at least three months left before the termination of contract).
7. Copy of all the pages of the applicant's passport, the present Non-B Visa in particular. (Applicants shall submit all documents at least 30 days before the expiration of Non-B Visa.) In case of Non-O Visa type holder, please attach a copy of Marriage Certificate or other related documents.
8. In case of SECOND ROUND of requesting the permit, copies of additional documents must be enclosed:

* Copy of the expired Teaching Permit

* Copy of documentary evidence relating to self-development to gain the professional knowledge required, i.e. evidence of passing the professional knowledge certification through testing or studying for a degree in education field.

*(New Requirement) An original official degree confirmation letter for graduates of The letter from the university/college shall be an officially headed paper of the college/university and clearly confirms that you have successfully completed your course, including the classification you receive, the dates of attendance and graduation. This letter must bear an original university/college seal or stamp and signature of the Registrar sent in a sealed envelope with the university/college's stamp. Void if the envelope is opened prior to receipt. Note: The confirmation letter must be sent to the Teachers' Council of Thailand at Registration and Licensing Bureau, 128/1 Nakhon Ratchasima Road, Dusit, Bangkok, 10300 Thailand. (Read related articleAnother doc needed to get teaching permit in Thailand)

Important Reminders

1. All documents must be sent to the Teachers' Council of Thailand (Khurusapa) at least 30 days before the Non-B Visa expiration. 

2. Foreign applicants must certify true copy of all documents.

3. Preparing documents accurately will reduce the risks of your application being incomplete or take a longer time to being processed.

4. In case of urgent reply need or Express Mail Service (EMS), Please enclose a self-addressed envelope with pre-paid stamps.


Post a Comment